Here is our 10 Best Must-know Cigar Etiquette Rules to enhance your smoking experience.
- Cut Your Cigar Properly The way you cut your cigar can have a significant impact on your smoking experience. A poorly cut cigar can cause it to unravel, leading to a less enjoyable smoking experience. It is important to use a sharp cigar cutter and cut the cap off of the cigar at a 45-degree angle.
- Light Your Cigar Correctly The way you light your cigar is just as important as how you cut it. Avoid using a lighter with a strong odor, as this can negatively affect the taste of the cigar. Instead, use a butane lighter or a wooden match to light your cigar. Light the cigar by holding the flame just above the foot of the cigar and rotating it until the entire end is lit.
- Don’t Inhale Unlike cigarettes, cigars are not meant to be inhaled. Instead, you should draw the smoke into your mouth and savor the flavors before exhaling. Inhaling cigar smoke can lead to dizziness, nausea, and other unpleasant side effects.
- Don’t Tap Your Ash Too Often Tapping your ash too often can cause the cigar to burn unevenly, leading to an unpleasant taste. Instead, let the ash build up to about an inch before tapping it off gently.
- Hold Your Cigar Correctly Holding your cigar incorrectly can not only look awkward, but it can also lead to uneven burning. Hold the cigar between your index finger and thumb, with your other fingers resting on the bottom of the cigar.
- Don’t Smoke Your Cigar Too Fast Smoking your cigar too quickly can cause it to overheat, leading to a harsh taste. Take your time and savor the flavors, allowing the cigar to rest between puffs.
- Don’t Blow Smoke in Someone’s Face Blowing smoke in someone’s face is not only rude, but it can also be harmful to their health. Be considerate of those around you and blow your smoke away from others.
- Use a Cigar Ashtray Using a proper cigar ashtray can help prevent the ash from falling onto your clothing or furniture. It also makes it easier to dispose of the ash and keeps the area around you clean.
- Don’t Relight Your Cigar Too Often Relighting your cigar too often can cause it to become bitter and unpleasant. Instead, try to keep your cigar lit by taking regular puffs.
- Don’t Stub Out Your Cigar Stubbing out your cigar can release an unpleasant odor and ruin the cigar’s flavor. Instead, let it burn out on its own or gently place it in the ashtray to extinguish. Of the 10 best cigar etiquette rules, this one is a must
In conclusion, following these Top 10 must-know cigar etiquette rules can enhance your smoking experience and show respect to those around you. By taking the time to learn and practice these rules, you can enjoy your cigars to the fullest while showing proper cigar etiquette.